My family situation changes?

Expression of Wish
If you get married (including same-sex marriage and civil partnerships), divorced, or have children, you should complete or update your Expression of Wish form to make sure that in the event of your death, we know who you would like to receive any benefits payable. You can get an Expression of Wish form from the library.

If you get divorced or dissolve a civil partnership, the court may assess your finances to determine whether your ex-spouse should receive any pension.

The court may award your ex-spouse a percentage of your Pension Pot, and if this is the case, then that proportion of your Pension Pot may be transferred to a pension in your ex-spouse’s name.